What do you want included in the iPad2?
For PSFK Editorial: In anticipation of next week's Apple event, we're interested in hearing your opinions. What five features should the iPad 2 include and why?
If you would like to join the conversation, please submit your answers by Sunday.
Public unpaid question.
Private Folders were we can store work and presentations...
System to store private apps, if there are multiple people using the iPad
Camera in front
Enhanced multi-taking features
IPad needs to function more effectively as a business tool. Presentation and conferencing scenarios should be more integrated into product features. Wishlist...
1. USB port
2. HDMI out
3. Front camera for tele-conferening / Webex
4. Capable of toggling between applications Keynote/Safari seamlessly.
5. Custom/personalized multi-user dashboard settings - establish an interface based on who logs in. Eliminate clutter for more focused usage. Easier to pass off to colleague to use in a meeting.
Predictable faster processor, one or two cameras, updated software, some possible bluetooth like file transfer and date thing...possibly, maybe not
All the stuff that makes up keep on coming back for more ;)
Based on what I saw a few days ago in the Mobile World Congress...
1. 3D cam (as the new LG optimus 3D Pad)
2. 3D display
5. USB/SD slots
beyond the obvious
— slimmer design
— possibly a dual glass cover
— 2 cameras
— retina display
— and maybe larger storage
it should also sport
— some sort of a file browser
— an output for TV or external screens
— content sharing should be obvious, but Apple will not give in on this one
The FaceTime HD camera in front, 5mp HD iPhone cam in the back
+1 for wireless sync
Unlimited worldwide high speed internet :D
1. NFC/RFID capabilities
2. 1 camera with retinal scanning
3. SD and USB slots
1. Front and rear camera
2. Horizontal locking feature - Sometimes I'd prefer just landscape mode, but sudden movements shouldn't flip my view.
3. Dual Core Processor
AirPlay for video to connected TV's
Apple Connect - to finally access my apple content in the cloud
SD Slot for media swapping
Deeper native app integration into the OS
Widgetized desktop environment. The current multi-tasking experience is antiquated.
Answering as someone who doesn't own an iPad, but wouldn't mind it coming closer to the HP and Dell tablet PC's I've used for work the last 4 years:
1. Files and file browsing
2. SD card slot for quickly getting files form my digital camera
3. 2 cameras, front and rear
4. Lighter, but keeping the screen size
5. Better sketching experience (stylus included). This is a dealbreaker for me (and perhaps me only). I know you can get a 3rd party stylus and Autodesk Sketchbook Pro for the current iPad, but the quality I've seen is still lacking compared to my 3 year old Dell Latitude XT (I know, different touch technology and so on, but still). I want the workflow of snapping a reference image with the rear camera, import it into my sketching app and use it as a perspective/style/material reference for sketching new designs.
1. An actual file browser. Finder (MacOS) type file browsing to access documents, pdfs, images.
2. Retina Display. I know it probably won't make it to this round but higher resolutions are never a bad thing.
3. Wireless syncing. Aside from the first time you dump all your music / apps / movies, you really don't need the speed of USB2 for daily syncs there after.
4. PCI express for Thunderbolt. This would allow adapters for data i/o and video output.
5. Ability to browse files on my Mac.
Here's my top requests:
* Front and rear cameras
* USB port(s)
* HDMI out
* GPS tracking in the case of theft (this is becoming a huge issue!)
1. 2 x cameras
2. Pre-loaded mobile tag software
3. Return the 'lock' so that you can look at the iPad sideways (when lying on couch or bed)
4. ipad to ipad content 'throwing'
5. output to tv/projector for all apps and browsers